Monday 17 October 2016

Area Dice Game.

Don't miss the following game, taken from: http://reliefteachingideas.com/area-dice-game/ 

Area Dice Game
  • A game for 2 or 3 players.
  • Each player chooses a colour pencil or texta they will use in the game.
  • Players take turns rolling the dice, using the numbers that they rolled to draw the perimeter of a rectangle or square & writing the area in the middle of the shape.
  • Game ends when players run out of room to draw.
  • Winner is the player who has used the largest area/most squares.
A couple of tips:
Have the students add up their areas as they go so that it is easier for them to work out the winner in the end!
I always take with me a class set of dice, just in case I can’t locate any in the classroom that I’m in. You can usually find cheap dice in discount stores or on eBay.
I also take with me a book of 1cm grid paper. I buy this from a newsagency. Grid paper is handy to have for games like this one, maths, graphing, and creating word searches & crosswords.

No comments:

Post a Comment